Wednesday, July 18, 2007

14.Edge stripped from his title


www.wwe.com

It was a good day for the new World Heavy Weight Champion-The Great Khali.

As we know that it was Kane who was going to face Edge at The Great American Bash on july 22,But the Red Monster Kane Physically destroyed Edge.The Rated-R Superstar tore his left pectoral muscle injured.So the doctors ordered surgery within 4 months.So he can't defende his title at the Bash.

SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long informed Edge about the WWE rule book,a World Champion must defend the title within a 30-day period in order to keep the gold.The Champion Edge's gold was taken from him in the center of the ring.

“I’m still the rightful champion,”say's Rated-R Superstar Edge. “My pectoral muscle is hanging on by a single fiber; literally hanging from the bone. Theodore Long comes out and strips me of what I’ve worked for my entire career – from childhood until now. My mood is obviously not great right now. I’m disgusted.”

“It clearly states in the WWE rulebook that the holder of the World Heavyweight Championship must defend the title within that period of time,” Grneral Manager Long contended. “Edge can’t do that, so I had no choice but to strip him of his title. Nothing’s personal. I’m just doing my job.”

“I go out there and put my body through hell,” exclaimed the Ultimate Opportunist. “I’ve broken my neck, dislocated my shoulder twice, torn my other peck, my elbows are mush, I have two protruding discs in my lower back. I even got bit by a brown recluse spider that turned into a flesh-eating disease – the list goes on. I still go out there and prove that I am the best.”

“Why do I still do this? Not for them. I do it for my pride,” added the emotional Superstar. “I don’t give a rat’s a** what the fans think. I never have. That’s not how I operate.”

“I know that fans will be happy with this, and that pisses me off,” Edge stated. “I’ve come to the realization that our fans never will appreciate me. But they had to live with me as their champion, and when I return and become a four-time World Champion, they’ll have to deal with me again.”

No comments: